Book Big & Win - Wellington Jazz Festival #WellJazzFest prize package Terms and Conditions
The Prize consists of the following:
- Two nights’ accommodation for two people in a one-bedroom apartment at contemporary aparthotel Boulcott Suites, including complimentary wifi, chromecast services, nespresso machine and full kitchen facilities for easy morning self-made brekkie options (date of arrival and departure dependent on shows booked by the winner).
- Return domestic flights for two to Wellington.
- To enter the competition, simply book two or more tickets to any 2022 Wellington Jazz Festival Headliner shows (including First Release Headliners: Legacy: Lalah Hathaway sings Donny Hathaway with the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra and guests, MonoNeon, Melissa Aldana Quartet, Louis Baker - Duality and The Elements, the Rodger Fox Big Band plays Hone Tuwhare and Second Release Headliners - Sunday Mixtape featuring Seth Boy, Sally Gates and Olivier Holland) via Ticketmaster between Wednesday 10 August and Tuesday 6 September.
- Competition closes at 11.59pm, Tuesday 6 September.
- Tickets can be purchased across multiple transactions via Ticketmaster website (online), or by phone or in person at any Ticketmaster outlet.
- Tickets across multiple purchases must be purchased in the name of the same person and using the same email to be eligible for the draw.
- Individuals will be automatically entered into the competition if they book two or more tickets to any 2022 Wellington Jazz Festival Headliner shows (as detailed in 1.).
- Individuals must have opted in to hear from the Wellington Jazz Festival to enter the competition.
- Only one entry per person.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged or redeemed for the cash.
- All accommodation and related services are subject to Boulcott Suites applicable terms and conditions.
- Two return domestic flights (New Zealand), from prize winners nearest domestic airport, courtesy of Wellington Airport are provided as part of the prize package (dates of departure and return dependent on Headliner shows booked by the winner but must be within the dates of the 2022 Wellington Jazz Festival – 19-23 October). Flights are subject to availability.
- The winner must be, or be accompanied by, a person 18 years of age or older.
- Employees and immediate families of employees of Tāwhiri Ltd (the organisers of the Wellington Jazz Festival), Boulcott Suites and Wellington Airport are not eligible to enter.
- The winner will be announced after the competition closes on 6 September. The first valid entry drawn will win. The winner will be notified via the email address they provided when booking tickets subject to agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- If the winner has not confirmed acceptance of the prize (including the competition terms and conditions) within 24 hours after being notified, or has provided incorrect contact details, the prize draw process will be repeated until one winner has been drawn, notified and has accepted the prize on these terms and conditions.
- The prize draw is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- By accepting the prize, the competition winner agrees to their names being published and to be photographed and/or interviewed by the Wellington Jazz Festival and associated partners for publicity purposes.
- Any incidental costs associated with claiming the prize (including transport to Wellington and any meals and drinks) are the responsibility of the winner.
- If a prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Wellington Jazz Festival’s control, the Wellington Jazz Festival is under no obligation to provide a substitute prize.
- Neither Wellington Airport, Boulcott Suites, Wellington Jazz Festival nor any other person or party associated with this promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in this promotion or with any prizes offered to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The winner must adhere to the Covid-19 regulations stipulated by the relevant prize partners - Wellington Airport (and the relevant airline, tbc), Boulcott Suites and the Wellington Jazz Festival or forfeit the prize.
- By entering the promotion, entrants accept the terms and conditions above.
General Competition Terms & Conditions
The Wellington Jazz Festival will occasionally offer giveaways as part of competitions run by specific promoters. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by both the following Wellington Jazz Festival Terms & Conditions and any additional requirements as set out by the specific competition promoter:
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Except for the items offered in the prize package, all expenses are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- If offered as part of the competition, flights are subject to availability and must be taken on the specified dates, with travel to/from the airport the responsibility of the winner.
- Seating at the specified performance/s will be selected by the Festival. Please advise if there are any specific access requirements.
- The winner will be contacted using the details provided. If a winner cannot be contacted within two working days, the Festival reserves the right to redraw the prize.
- The promoter's decision regarding the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Neither the Festival nor the promoter and its associated agencies and companies shall be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the promotion except any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- Neither the Festival nor the promoter is liable for any tax implications that may arise as a result of winning.
If you have any queries regarding these, please contact the Festival.
Website Terms & Conditions of use
These Terms & Conditions apply to your browsing and use of this website. These Terms & Conditions also apply to your use of the Festival’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube pages (“Social Media Pages”), in addition to the Festival’s Social Media Policy and the standard terms and conditions of use of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube that apply between you and each of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. By viewing the pages of this website, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted these Terms & Conditions. The terms “we”, “us” and “our” or the “Festival” are a reference to the Wellington Jazz Festival Trust as the holder of the domain name www.jazzfestival.nz. References to “you” and “your” are references to you.
This website, any information contained on it, and these Terms & Conditions of use will be governed by, and interpreted in accordance with, New Zealand law. The New Zealand courts have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any disputes concerning matters involving this website.
Unless otherwise stated, you may access, view, copy, print or temporarily store textual material published by the Festival on this website and our Social Media Pages for your personal use only and, when printing or storing material, in limited quantities. You may not reproduce, adapt, distribute or incorporate anything from this website or our Social Media Pages in any other work (in whole or in part), including republishing it for any commercial or other purpose, without the Festival's express written consent.
The copyright in all materials (including rights in text, graphics, arrangement and overall design of this website) displayed or available on this website either belongs to the Festival or is used by the Festival with permission.
Some material on this website, including trademarks and logos, is the intellectual property of third parties. The Festival has obtained consent from these third parties for the use of their intellectual property on this website. Your rights in relation to that material are as defined by the copyright owner of the material.
While the Festival has endeavoured to ensure that the information on this website and our Social Media Pages is accurate, current and complete, it does not accept liability for any error, misstatement or omission. Regardless of the source or origin of any content on this website and our Social Media Pages, you agree that any use you make of such content is at your own risk and that the Festival is not responsible for the accuracy of such content, or for any loss suffered by you as a result of reliance on that content.
The Festival may change the material on this website and our Social Media Pages at any time without notice. In the unlikely event that an unauthorised person makes changes to this website or our Social Media Pages, the Festival does not accept responsibility for those changes. Errors are subject to correction.
You will receive a password upon signing up to this website. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password and email address.
You agree not to use this website or our Social Media Pages to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content which is defamatory, offensive or unlawful. You agree to indemnify and hold the Festival harmless from any claim made by any third party due to or arising out of content you submit, transmit, modify or otherwise make available on this website and our Social Media Pages.
The website and Social Media Pages may provide you and other users an opportunity to submit, post, display, transmit and/or exchange information, ideas, opinions, photographs, images, video, creative works or other information, messages, transmissions or material to us, the website or others ("Post" or "Postings"). You are responsible for the content of all of your Postings.
You will ensure that in relation to any material you Post:
- it does not breach any laws or applicable industry codes
- it is not unlawful, offensive, obscene, indecent, defamatory, libellous, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, discriminatory, hateful or could incite violence
- it does not contain, refer to or encourage:
- offensive language;
- violence towards any thing or any person;
- damage to property;
- criminal activity;
- offensive behaviour; or
- any activity that is morally questionable
- it does not contain or refer to sexual activity or sexuality
- it does not contain derogatory remarks about any person or organisation
- it does not contain any information that is untrue or incorrect or imply that to be the case
- it does not breach the intellectual property rights of any person or organisation
- it does not purport to reflect our views or be binding on, or posted by, the Festival.
All material Posted by you will be regarded as public information and may be treated by us as such. In particular, by Posting on our website or Social Media Pages, you acknowledge that we (and/or anyone else) can use, copy, reproduce, modify, publish and distribute the material in any and all media or distribution methods. This also means we can reproduce your Posts for promotional or commercial purposes (with no compensation paid to you).
We do not make any representation about nor endorse nor accept any responsibility for the content or view of material Posted on this website or our Social Media Pages by any person. Postings on any of the Festival’s Social Media Pages do not reflect the views, opinions or position of the Festival, its trustees or employees.
We reserve the right to remove any material Posted by you on this website or our Social Media Pages, and to suspend or prohibit your use of this website or our Social Media Pages, at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
The Festival welcomes feedback, comments, reviews and ideas from all our followers, and will endeavour to join in and contribute to the conversation where possible. However, due to resource constraints we are not able to reply individually to all the Postings we receive via our Social Media Pages.
We will endeavour to update and monitor our Social Media Pages during office hours, Monday to Friday (other than public holidays). However, the Festival does not have any obligation to monitor, edit, or review any Posts to its Social Media Pages, nor do we accept responsibility for lack of service due to Social Media provider downtime.
This website and our Social Media Pages may contain links to third party websites. The Festival has no control over the content of such websites and does not make any representations about, nor endorses, such websites. The links are provided for convenience and informational purposes only. The Festival is not responsible for the content, validity, accuracy, or the use, of any other website. You should check the terms and conditions applicable to any other websites you use.
You may not create a link from any other website to any part of this website, without the Festival's express written consent.
Your use of this website and our Social Media Pages is at your own risk. Subject to any terms implied by law (including the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, where applicable) which cannot be excluded, the Festival shall not be responsible or liable, in contract, tort (including negligence), equity or otherwise for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or punitive damage, or for any loss of profit, income or savings, or any costs or expenses incurred or suffered by you or any other person, arising out of, or in connection with, your access to, or use of, this website, our Social Media Pages or any linked websites.
All warranties, whether expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, currency, completeness, fitness for purpose or usefulness of the information contained on this website and our Social Media Pages are excluded to the extent permitted by law.
It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever information you select for your use is free of items such as viruses, worms, trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature.
The Festival Privacy Statement and Social Media Policy is incorporated into these terms and conditions.
By purchasing tickets to Festival events you consent to be included in film and sound recordings of the Festival and for these recordings to be used by the Festival in any medium or context without further authorisation by, or compensation to, you.
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions please contact the Festival.